Kota Stone Flooring
Kota stone is one of the cheapest and most widely stones used in the exteriors and interiors of buildings. They are available in rough and smooth finishes and in a variety of earthy colours.
Advantages of Kota Stone
- It is hard, non-porous and a homogeneous material which can be widely used in different areas.
- It is not water absorbent and is anti-slip hence is the most perfect and hygienic flooring for humid areas.
- It forms a heavy cum strong base for kitchen countertops. In many cases granite or marble slab counters are fixed on top of the Kota stone base.
- It is economical, easily available and most durable natural stone available.
Disadvantages of Kota Stone
- It is not available in big slab sizes like marble or granite. Kota is a variety of limestone which is very fragile hence it is available in smaller sizes.
- Continuous usage of Kota stone might result in flaking. However if it is well maintained and polished regularly flaking of the stone might be prevented.
- Its surface finish is not so lustrous as marble or granite.