Stain Glass is also known as handcrafted art glass. It gives a very personal touch to areas like halls, foyers and lobbies in the interiors .In early Medieval era it formed one of the main design features of churches and museums.
Advantages of Stained Glass in Windows
- It can be used in all kinds of windows and glass ceilings cum skylights.
- They become an aesthetic focal point and give a very attractive and interesting eye catchy look to the interiors and exteriors of the building.
- They must be used within proportion as too much use of Stain glass looks very heavy and gaudy.
- They throw interesting light patterns and colour patterns throughout the day when natural light passes through it.
- They ensure privacy which is not possible in clear transparent glass.
Disadvantages of Stained Glass in Windows
- A very limited amount of light can pass through stain glass because of the colours that are used.
- They offer obstructive views .Is it is not possible to see from the stain glass as it has no transparency.