Metal Cladding has become the face of Modern Buildings. They impart a very hi-tech look to the building. In many cases it is used to give a modern look to old buildings.
Advantages of using Metal Cladding
The advantages of using metal cladding are –
- Metal Cladding gives a very shiny appearance and requires very low maintenance. Once clad it remains like that for years to come.
- Metal Cladding does not absorb any kind of moisture hence it is highly resistant to algae and fungi.
- Metal Claddings are resistant to fire.
- Metal Cladding is light in weight and does not increase the dead load of the building.
- Metal Cladding is not a very good insulator for sound. However, some acoustical infill material can be placed inside the metal siding so as to increase the sound insulation of the place
- They are available in a variety of colours and textures.
- Metal Cladding provides adequate heat insulation which makes the building energy efficient and helps in reducing the electricity bills.
- Metal is malleable hence can be twisted to any direction so as to create interesting shapes in the facades.
- Metal cladding is very easily available and easy to install.