Epoxy Cement vs Cement Grout
Grouting is widely done in tiles so as to give the flooring a very clean and interesting look. Epoxy grout and cement grout are widely used in the grouting of tiles.
Difference Between Epoxy Grout and Cement Grout
The difference between Epoxy Grout and Cement Grout are –
- Epoxy Grout is made of epoxy resins and filler materials. Cement Grout is a cementitious powdered mix.
- Epoxy Grout is waterproof while Cement grout is not waterproof.
- Epoxy grout gives a very shiny and plastic look. Cement Grout looks very natural when matched with the tile.
- Epoxy grout takes longer time to set within the tiles in comparison to cement based grout.
- Epoxy grout is easy to clean and maintain as it is stain resistant. Cement grout has the tendency of attracting dirt, grease and stains hence it needs regular cleaning.
- Epoxy grout is highly durable, chemical resistant while cement grout is not.
- Epoxy grout is stronger than cement grout. In many cases the epoxy grout might turn out to be stronger than the tile itself.
- Epoxy grout is more expensive than Cement Grout.
Hence Epoxy Grout is a much more preferred grout than Cement Grout.