Flush Doors and Panel doors are widely used in the interiors. Panel doors have been used since ages while flush doors have been recently introduced.
Suggested Read: What is a Flush Door.
Difference Between Flush Doors and Panel Doors
- Panel doors are manufactured with traditional wood joiners like stiles, rails and infills.Flush doors are a wooden framework filled with solid core material and finished with a plywood top. They are further finished with laminate, paint or veneer to match with the interiors.
- Panel doors are much more expensive than Flush doors.
- Flush Doors are very good insulators of sound while panel doors are not.
- Flush doors can perform well as fire resistant doors while panel doors are more prone to fire.
- Panel doors are aesthetically more appealing than Flush doors.
- Flush doors are termite resistant while Panel doors are not.
- Flush door are easy to manufacture .They are made in factories and have to made as per precise measurements required at site. The manufacture and fabrication of Panel doors require a lot of detailing and is time consuming.
- Flush doors are easier to clean and maintain in comparison to Panel doors.