Indian Façade and Fenestration Association is a first of its kind Association formed by façade Industry leaders for self-regulation and up gradation of standards and best practices. Unlike any other association, IFFA is a Section-25 company, as per the Indian Companies Act, with Directors and Managing Committee.
The founders of the Association Mr. Deepak Das, Mr. Dev Chandwani, Mr. Syed Zakir Ahmed and Mr. Satish Kumar, with active support from Mr. Selvam Ramanathanhad an election conducted online by an International firm to selectthe 9 member, Managing Committee, wherein the members were elected by nearly 100 leading fabricators from across India in June 2013. The founders have vast experience in sales, marketing, distribution, design, fabrication, installation and project execution of doors, windows and facades.
Since the election, various committees have been formed and interaction with various stakeholders has been initiated. The Managing Committee comprises of the Who’s Who in the Indian Façade and Fenestration Industry – Aluplex, Alufit, Alkarma, Alumayer, Chiniwalas, Geotrix, Glass Wall Systems, Kalco, Neel Enterpries, and Yantra systems.
IFFA strives to initiate advancement of technology in the Facades and fenestration and related services by focusing on,
- Developinga façade standards guideline for Indian Façade and Fenestration industry by adopting the best feasible standards from the existing Indian and International Standards.
- Legislate the guideline by engaging governmental bodies and publish the same for public use.
- Introduce Quality audits and control system within the guideline to empower the final users with transparent process, which can eliminate and weed out sub-standard systems from the industry.
- To develop skill development and education plan for members and other interested persons in the said science through lectures, workshops, product presentations, periodic publications.
- To encourage scientific research and test labs in this field.
- To plan and execute training of trainers.
- Conducted seminars around India to bring all IFFA initiative to public. Taking feedback from the public and industry stalwarts which were seriously taken up to IFFA guideline.
- Held discussion with façade industry supply chain stake holders, like Extrusion suppliers and Glass manufactures to enlighten and support the IFFA initiative by providing the best standards which can be followed by them and in turn by the Façade contractors.
- With a long road map a head IFFA is striving as a team to deliver the best possible systems to the industry.
Near future Events until year end :
- November- 2013:
- Engaging selected façade consultants firm in India as advisory team to IFFA and seeking their expertise to endorse the IFFA- Guideline.
- Meeting other stake holders in the façade supply chain and engaging them to participate with best standards and advise to IFFA.
- Review of 1st draft of the IFFA-Guideline.
- December – 3013:
Will continue building for the betterment of Indian Façade and Fenestration industry….