Kota stone is a fine grained version of limestone which is available from Kota in Rajasthan- India. It is a widely used stone and it finds its uses in driveways , corridors ,kitchen platforms , terrace flooring , industrial factories , chemical factories , government buildings and railway stations to name a few.
Suggested Read: Kota Stone Flooring Advantages and Disadvantages
The main characteristics of Kota Stone are –
- Kota stone is water resistant, non-porous and non-slippery. It is widely used in humid areas.
- It is available in earthy colours and has a very rustic appeal. However Kota stone can be polished to achieve good shine.
- Kota stone is a very strong and compact homogeneous stone.
- It is not resistant to acids or alkali attack.
- Kota stone is very durable and long lasting. It performs very well and is an ideal choice in high traffic areas.
- It is very economical and easily available.
- Kota Stone is not available in very big slabs like marble or granite due to the brittleness of limestone. It is available in smaller pieces which increases the number of joints but makes the stone easy to handle.
- It is a very good reflector of heat hence always very comfortable to walk on.