Two sheets of aluminium combine together to a non aluminium core so as to form a Composite Aluminium Panel. The infill layer could be polyethylene and the outer layer could further be coated with PVDF (Polyvinylidene Fluoride). The characteristics of Aluminium Composite Panels are:
- It is a light weight, rigid and durable material, it is mainly used for external cladding of buildings and to create signage. ACP gives a very classy look to the buildings and the design goes very well when combined with glass curtain walling systems.
- It is weather proof and its colour does not fade after exposure to sunlight.
- ACP is economical and readily available. It is easy to install and requires very low maintenance.
- ACP is available in numerous metallic and non-metallic colour options and can very easily imitate the design of wood or marble on it.This has made ACP very popular and one of the most widely used cladding materials.
- These panels are relatively very cheap and economical when compared to other cladding materials.
- ACP has very good heat insulation and sound reduction properties.
- ACP panels have very good fire resistance.