When it comes to choosing the correct doors and windows for your houses, you might often end up being confused by the number of different types of materials available for the same. Each one has their own set of pros and cons, and thus, it is up to you to decide which one will suit your house the best. Aluminium doors may be the best choice for a house, but the same may not apply to all the other houses as well. There are several factors such as maintenance, visual appeal, space required, etc. that need to be taken care of while choosing the perfect doors and windows for your home.
Types of Doors and Windows Available
The first step towards purchasing the correct type of doors for your house is to know about the best type of doors and windows that the market has to offer. Here are some short briefs about the most common types of doors and windows you will come across.
- UPVC Doors and Windows –The number of people opting for Unplasticized Polyvinyl Chloride (UPVC) has shot up in the recent years due to its unpreceded strings of advantages over the other types of doors and These are one of the most durable types of doors and windows out there and require the least maintenance. UPVC Doors will ensure your safety and security as well since it’s pretty hard to break them open. They are also well known for their sound and heat insulation capabilities.
- Aluminium Doors and Windows – The aluminium doors and windows are one of the most common ones that you will get to see. They can be painted according to your choice and come in a variety of surface finishes to meet your requirements. They are pretty sleek and will occupy very less space in your house. The maintenance costs are also low for these types of doors.
- Wooden Doors and Windows – These are the traditional types of doors and windows available in most of the houses. These frames are not affected by temperature. You will be able to choose from a number of wood works and designs. If done right, it will impart an exquisite and royal look to the house. There will be no issue of rusting of the frames. If you need a long-lasting solution for a wooden doors, you might opt for timber which requires the least maintenance and is guaranteed to serve for long.
- Steel Doors and Windows – These types of doors can withstand heavy exterior They need relatively less maintenance when compared to wooden doors and windows. Steel doors can be easily repaired. They are best suited for exterior-facing locations.
- WPC Doors and Windows – Wood and Plastic Composite Doors have a great appearance and can last pretty long. The best part about WPC doors is that they will not develop cracks or warp. WPC doors have a good fire resistance property and thus also play a significant role in the safety of your house. You can also get them custom designed and painted according to your choice to meet the color and theme of your house.
- Membrane Doors and Windows – You will get membrane doors in a wide variety of textures and colors. They can withstand shrinking, cracking swelling, heat, etc. thereby providing security and less maintenance. They are very economical and need not be painted or polished throughout log durations.
This article will serve as a good reference for you to start looking for the type of doors that will suit you best. Make sure you get hold of a good manufacturer of the doors and windows. You will find numerous reviews and manufacturers online.