There are various options for different kinds of cladding available in the market today-
- Stone is an eco-friendly material and is used both in the interiors for Wall Cladding. There are options of granite, slate, marble, sandstone, limestone, Kota to name a few. Stone imparts a feeling of warmth in the building. Its durability depends on the thickness of the stone as more the thickness more the durability of the Stone.
Wood & Timber Cladding
- Wood and Timber cladding is widely used in both the interiors and the exteriors of the building. Wood imparts a feeling of warmth and is aesthetically very pleasing. This material possesses the natural resistance to decay and it is light in weight making installation very easy. Its major drawback is that it is not fire resistant.
- Brick Cladding renders a very rustic feeling to the building interiors and exteriors. It is a porous material which shall absorb water in the rains but shall eventually dry out. Special attention should be given to sealing the joints so as to prevent rain water from entering the interiors.
- Tile Cladding is available in various options, designs and sizes. Tile cladding is used in bathrooms, kitchens, building exteriors and in areas that need to be highlighted in the interiors. They are available in the form of ceramic tiles, granite tiles, porcelain tiles , glass tiles, mosaic tiles etc. Tiles used for the exteriors should be weather resistant and their colours should not fade when exposed to the sun.
- Metal Cladding is usually used in Commercial Buildings and Factories. It is one of the most durable claddings available in the market. They have changed the way buildings can look and give a very hi-tech look to the buildings. ACP or Aluminium Composite Panels are light weight and are widely used today. They can also be applied on an existing building surface and impart a new look to the exteriors.
- Vinyl cladding is more popular for cladding the exteriors of the building in the Western Countries. It is the cheapest type of cladding and relatively cheap to install.
- It is durable, effective in insulation and is resistant to scratches.
- Glass Fiber reinforced concrete is used as a cladding material for decorative purposes.
- It is easy to maintain and install without any requirement of painting or plastering and can be fixed directly over the brickwork or masonry.
- Boards are available in different varieties like Gypsum boards, cement boards, calcium silicate boards, fiber cement boards etc. are available for cladding. They are fixed directly on the brickwork or masonry.
- Wallpapers are used in the interiors to highlight certain areas. They are primarily used in the interiors of residences, hotels, resorts and corporate offices.