A Flush door is a flat door having a flush surface and is not divided into any panels or mouldings.It is composed of a wooden framework which is covered by ply, MDF or Natural wood on both sides. They have smooth surfaces on both sides and a hollow portions on the inside which is filled with an infill material like cardboard. The Flush door is further finished with paint, veneers or laminate finish in various colours and designs. The main characteristics of Flush Doors are –
- These doors are factory made and no resizing is preferably done after manufacture. They are available in standard sizes in the market.
- Flush Doors are durable as they do not expand or contract with seasonal changes which make them maintenance free. They do not absorb any moisture like wood during the monsoons.
- These Doors are hollow from inside hence have good sound insulation properties. They are light in weight.
- Flush Doors are termite resistant.
- Flush Doors are very cost effective. Many manufactures are fabricating flush doors with the traditional detailing of panel doors so that the flush doors that look like panel doors become cost effective and affordable.
Suggested Read: Flush Door vs. Panel Door