A Ventilated façade is an external light weight cladding material which forms the building envelope design. There is a ventilated cavity between the external cladding material and the insulating layer. This acts as a barrier in preventing the rain water from entering the interiors and the condensation of water vapour happens without hampering the building façade. It acts as a multi-layer installation system which keeps the building dry.
Ventilated Facades Characteristics
The characteristics of Ventilated facades are –
- The Ventilated façade could be made out of any light weight cladding material like ACP, Cement panels, Fibre panels etc.
- These façade systems create a very comfortable indoor environment. They are very good for heat insulation and energy saving. It reduces the amount of heat a building can absorb.
- Provides very good sound insulation of the building.
- The Ventilated facades increase the durability of the building and the external facade cladding.
- Keeps the building dry and prevents any kind of water seepage.
- Easy to maintain and easy to install.
It is also known as a double skin facade which comprises of two skins having a gap in between them which allows the flow of natural air between them.