Corian is the brand name of a solid surface material that was originally designed by E.I. DuPont de Nemours and Company. The material is homogeneous and is manufactured by combining acrylic polymers and aluminium trihydrate (ATH) – a material extracted from bauxite ore.The various properties of Corian are
- Corian is a non-porous material.
- The surface is stain resistant.
- Corian has a very seamless finish .Various lengths of the material can be glued together to create a uniform look without any joints being visible.
- The finished products can be repaired and restored to its original look periodically.
- Corian has a thermoformable nature. It can be melted over a high temperature and then be moulded into various fluid designs, it can also be embossed. Overall it is a very creative medium to play with and it gives a very futuristic modern look.
- The solid surfaces are available in various colour options, it is a homogeneous material where the colour runs throughout the solid material.Corian is available in 6mm, 12mm and 19mm thickness.
- Carpenters can easily work with Corian as it requires the same woodworking tools and method like wood.