Double Glazed Unit Glass
DGU Glass or Double glazing units comprise of two panes of glass that are separated with a spacer and filled with argon gas in the gap between the two layers of glass. The glass is further finished on the sides and is ready for installation.
Characteristics of DGU Glass
The characteristics of DGU glass are –
- They are very good for heat insulation as they do not allow the inside air to go out or the outside heat to come in. It acts as a barrier. This helps in energy saving and reducing recurring electrical costs.
- It provides very good sound insulation in between the interiors and exteriors. They are widely used in both commercial and residential buildings which are located in densely populated areas where there is lot of noise pollution.
- Once the DGU glass is installed it cannot be repaired if there is any leakage of the gas. Proper sealants should be used to seal the glass and prevent leakage.
- It is resistant to UV light and prevents the fading of fabric and furniture.
- Tempered glass, Heat strengthened glass could also be used making it a safety glass.