Fibre Cement Panels are panels that are composed of sand, cement and cellulose fibres which act as reinforcement. These panels are an external cladding material for buildings having residential, commercial and industrial applications. It is also a replacement for asbestos based building products.
Characteristics of Fibre Cement Cladding
The characteristics of fibre cement cladding panels are –
- These panels are extremely durable and easy to maintain.
- They have acoustic applications as they improve the acoustics of the space.
- Resistant to external weather conditions and immune to any kind of water seepage.
- Cement Fibre Panels have good fire resistance.
- They are termite resistant.
- They are resistant to cracks, swelling and warping. Once installed these panels can be painted. The Paint holds on very well the surface.
These panels have to be handled very carefully as they are very fragile and prone to getting chipped very easily. They are available in standard sizes and in low density or high density types. In low density panels the sides of the panels are very fibrous and in high density fibres the sides are very smooth. As per design requirement one can choose the right panel for external cladding.