With the advent of science and technology curtain walls and frame-less glass systems have become popular and are finding wide applications. Spider Glazing is a part of the frame-less glass system where they provide a flush external appearance with uninterrupted views.
Spider Glazing Specifications
The specification of spider glazing are –
- Spider glazing is a very flexible and contemporary design medium that can create designs with vast expanse of glass, frame-less entrances and canopies.
- All doors and windows can be inserted in the spider glass area.
- Tempered or heat soaked glass can be used in spider glazing systems so as to have the performance of a safety glass facade. The glass thickness that is used is usually 12mm thick.
- The spider glazing is designed to resist wind pressure. It can be fixed with either 2 way spiders or 4 way SS spiders fitting options.Fin glass support could also be used to resist wind pressure.
- Silicone Sealants and gaskets are used to make the glass frames watertight.
- Allows full penetration of natural light into the interiors, certain types of glass prevent the absorption of UV light.
- Spider glazing is easy to install and maintain.