Hot Lamination –
- Hot lamination is the most common lamination method used and is generally preferred over cold lamination.
- Hot lamination uses heat- activated adhesive which is heated when passed through the laminator.
- The disadvantage is that some items that have to be laminated get damaged under the influence of heat.
Cold Lamination –
- Cold lamination method is fast, safe on most products, easy to use and does not involve the use of heat.
- Cold lamination uses a pressure sensitive adhesive which induces pressure on the item to be laminated when passed through the laminator.