Aluminium Composite panels are sandwich panels comprising of two aluminium sheets bonded to a non-aluminium core. It is widely used as a very popular building cladding material for modern buildings. Its seamless finish imparts a very contemporary look to the buildings.
Aluminium Composite Panels Advantages
The advantages of using aluminium composite panels are-
- It is a very economical cladding material as compared to other options available in the market.
- It is a very rigid, durable and strong material although it is very light in weight.
- The application method is very easy and hassle free. The material is readily available in standard sizes which make the transportation of material on site very simple.
- It is unbreakable, stain resistant and weather resistant.
- They are available in numerous colors and finishes. Aluminium could be used to replicate the colour and texture of natural stone and wood very efficiently.
Aluminium Composite Panels DisAdvantages
The main disadvantage is that:
- They are susceptible to dents during storms and hurricanes. Some ACP manufacturers further reinforce the panels with special threads to prevent any such damage.
- The joints have to be carefully sealed and adequate water proofing has to be done so that there is no water penetration into the building during the rains.